Have you ever considered solo travel, but the thought of going to another state or country by yourself feels terrifying? You’re in luck because you only need to step outside your front door to experience the solo travel lifestyle! With this month’s local solo travel challenge, I am challenging you to begin getting comfortable with the uncomfortable.
If you plan on embarking on a solo travel trip, you are taking the chance of dining, navigating, entertaining, and depending on yourself. To begin getting comfortable with doing these things or simply embracing a solo travel lifestyle, taking small steps to practice alone time will help you prepare.
The point of this challenge is to get you out of your comfort zone and to do the things you want in life without waiting on anyone else to join you.
Choose from the ideas below throughout the month, and begin to push yourself to do more activities independently.
Local Solo Travel Ideas:
- Go to a movie
- Experience a concert
- Visit a museum
- Get a ticket to an amusement park
- Go to the theatre for a Broadway show, ballet, opera, or symphony
- Visit an aquarium
- Walkthrough a park
- Go ice skating or roller skating
- Take an art class such as pottery, painting, woodworking, or glass blowing
- Sign up for a cooking class
- Attend a local meet up
- Join a sports team
- Find a local club for a hobby that interests you
- Dine at a restaurant you always wanted to try
- Take yourself out for a cocktail (be safe, and don’t drink and drive)
- Shop at a farmers market
- Book an overnight stay at a local hotel
- If you’re single, go speed dating
- Join a book club
If you decide to take the Local Solo Travel Challenge, I would love to hear how your experience was! Please let me know which activities you chose to do in the comments, how you felt while doing them, and how you felt after you did them.
I hope you enjoy this month’s challenge and feel more comfortable doing the things you want to do on your own.
Did you miss last months challenge? It is not too late to check more items off of your summer bucket list!